Gorton’s mission is to spread the goodness of the sea by making quality seafood accessible to all. As an insights-driven organization in a strong growth category, we are seeking an individual who can provide
expert-level insights and analysis for the seafood category, the retailer environment, and ultimately the Gorton’s brand. This person will be influential in driving category and brand growth, working closely with internal Sales & Marketing teams in addition to our retailer partners.
- Provide leading-edge analysis by mining multiple sources of data, translating complex results into simple stories and sharing actionable insights covering retail, category, competitive, brand, and consumer trends both internally and externally
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key customers reinforcing Gorton’s position as the thought leader for the seafood category
- Develop and support retailer strategic growth recommendations by conducting high level scanner and panel analyses including Winning Retailer Analyses, Best-in-Class Assortment/Distribution, Category Overviews, and Competitive Tracking/Analysis
- Incorporate insights from existing consumer research to further develop brand and category growth recommendations and influence key business decision-making
- Continuously strengthen analytic capabilities to grow the organization’s knowledge.
- Develop and execute retail-focused custom research projects (e.g. Path to Purchase, Decision Tree, Gold Standard Planogram, etc.)
- Be curious, resourceful, and a go-getter. Stay up to date with the latest retail and shopper trends, compelling analytics, and impactful vehicles to influence and drive growth strategies
- This position will report to Gorton’s Marketing Manager, Insights and will collaborate closely with Marketing, Consumer Insights, Customer Marketing, Sales, and Retail partners
- Minimum 3-5 years of Consumer Packaged Goods work experience, roles could include Category Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree level education or higher. Education in a quantitative field (Statistics, Analytics, Economics, Applied Math, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of syndicated and panel data (IRI, Nielsen, etc.) as well as familiarity with pricing, promotion and assortment optimization analysis.
- Experience working with retailer specific POS data systems (84.51, EYC, Retail Link etc.) is a plus.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, analytic skills, and demonstrated ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analysis into storytelling and selling to solve business problems.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, with ability to effectively communicate to internal and external (Retailer) audiences and influence agreement to your recommendations.
- Effective in cross-functional team collaboration, self-motivated, and growth focused.
- Exceptional organizational/project management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience being in front of customers presenting insights and category growth recommendations (travel required, approximately 20%).
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including exceptional Excel skills
- Familiar with Category Management process; JDA Space Planning or Pro Space experience a plus.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer