Since 1849, America has trusted the Gorton’s fisherman. And for over 170 years, Gorton’s has trusted our employees to work with integrity, pursue their curiosity, respond with agility, work collaboratively, and be passionate about our mission. We have an excellent opportunity for a Quality and Sanitation Supervisor interested in joining our growing team. Gorton’s offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller organization, combined with the leadership of a category leader in consumer products. We invite you to join our company based in the local waters of Gloucester, Massachusetts.
In conjunction with Plant Quality and Sanitation Management, provide leadership and consistency for all facility quality and sanitation activities in the Seafood Center. This is a 3rd shift (10pm-6am) salaried position and reports to the Plant Quality Manager and the Plant Sanitation Manager.
- Verify activities of Quality Control Technicians including compliance with Gorton’s, U.S., and global food safety standards.
- Work with Quality Control Technicians to increase skill set regarding training and documentation.
- Provide Quality Control support to Production, Sanitation, and Maintenance departments including food safety and sanitation audits, GMP and Facility Audits, verify SOPs are followed and document corrective actions.
- Provide product disposition, assist with scheduling, and oversee procedures, including positive release and hold product.
- Supervise, audit, and verify the daily activities of all hourly Sanitation employees and provide performance feedback.
- Perform daily sanitation monitoring checks (FDA & Chemical Concentration/Titration), GMP and other required audits. Document corrective actions.
- Work with Sanitation Coordinators to increase skill set regarding training & documentation.
- Ensure Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures are being executed.
- Monitor/verify sanitation of process equipment & environmental areas and document results.
- Manage sanitation personnel and assign tasks during all sanitation-related events.
- Provide back-up weekend sanitation coverage as needed. This may include staffing, pre-operational inspections, sanitation effectiveness monitoring, and related documentation.
- Bachelor’s in Business or Science and 1-3 years of experience in food quality and sanitation
- Seafood HACCP or HACCP certification preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter with solid PC skills
- Strong leadership/problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and well-developed communication skills
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer