Safety & Training Coordinator
Be part of something BIG here at Gorton’s. With the iconic yellow slicker and a catchy jingle, Gorton’s is now reaching more households than ever. As the #1 brand within Frozen Prepared Seafood, we have a passion for the consumer and for growth. We are looking for equally passionate people to help us fulfill our mission to spread the goodness of the sea!
Based in Gloucester, MA, you will ensure a safe and accident-free work environment for all employees by effective implementation and management of the company-wide Safety and Training programs.
What you’ll do:
- Manage company-wide safety and training programs to ensure employee safety, minimize workers compensation liability, and comply with corporate and OSHA requirements.
- Oversight of all safety programs and regulatory plans.
- Lead safety training modules, hands-on demonstrations, verification, and testing of safe and proper use of equipment, and monitoring the effectiveness of the training.
- Lead plant Safety team, including monthly team meetings and track metrics.
- Manage daily safety efforts and perform investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective actions.
- Create a job-specific instructional program for all plant personnel.
- Develop and coordinate training curriculum programs for salaried, production, and maintenance personnel.
- Perform compliance self-audits and support external audits as required.
What you’ll need:
- Solid foundation of Safety and Workers Compensation and Training knowledge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 3-5 years’ experience
- Effective leadership and influencing skills
- Strong written, oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Solid business knowledge and judgment
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse workforce
- Ability to multitask and work independently with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule as necessary
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer