Gorton’s Seafood has an R&D Associate Manager position available starting immediately in our Product Development Department located at our Gloucester, Massachusetts Innovation Center, just one hour outside of Boston. As the leader in frozen seafood since 1849, Gorton’s offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up company combined with the innovation history and financial backing of a large Consumer Products Goods (CPG) category leader.
- Provide leadership for R&D activities, including planning, designing, and implementing major food formulation and development projects.
- Provide technical support and guidance regarding product and process innovations, product development activities, regulatory compliance, safety, operational and quality issues.
- Participate on cross functional development teams with marketing, finance, operations, purchasing and sales.
- Maintain a proactive role in plant operation issues, including product and margin improvement and food safety initiatives.
- Lead in the identification and development of food research programs designed to meet Gorton’s future needs.
- Manage 1-3 scientists and technicians as needed.
- Participate in long term strategic planning.
- Degree in Food Science or Culinary Arts with at least three years of product development experience
- Demonstrated strong technical leadership and management skills
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written skills
- History of innovation and creativity
- Ability to lead cross functional teams while being highly motivated and self-driven
- Proficiency in cooking and recipe development
- Solid quantitative skills, with aptitude for technology and science
- Willingness to taste fish and shellfish prototypes (no allergies)
- Able to travel and be flexible in work hours
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer