Basic Function: Responsibility for all Gorton’s business in the Club Channel. Specific objectives include achievement of profit targets, volume, trade spending, and distribution objectives. Directly responsible for customer management and representing Sales activity on the internal cross functional Club Team.
- Profit and Volume – achieve profit, sales, and trade targets by product category and in total.
- Key Account Development – develop annual plans that will lead to growth at key accounts encompassing distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing recommendations. Present, track results, and revise plan as required. Build rapport with customers.
- Identify trends in Club, evaluate/recommend potential product ideas, and work closely with multiple functions within Gorton’s to develop and implement successful strategies. Design, develop, and implement new programs and items in line with trends and consumer patterns for specific regional needs.
Position Location: Gorton’s Main Office, Gloucester, MA
- 3-8 years of experience in grocery products sales industry to food or non-food accounts
- 3-5 years account responsibilities required (Club preferred), with track record of success
- Bachelor’s Degree education
- A progression of positions held with a single previous employer (i.e., several different positions that show experience and evidence of progression, yet show stability and flexibility)
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills preferably demonstrated within a retail sales environment
- Ability to learn, understand, and communicate all components of product development to customers
- Understanding of third-party data (Nielsen/IRI) and/or customer specific (Madrid, etc.)
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- High degree of motivation
- Ability to recognize business building opportunities and design programs to capture them
- Proven success in working in a team environment
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Willingness to relocate for future assignments
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer