Gorton’s Seafood has an excellent three to six month paid internship opportunity in our Gloucester, Massachusetts Innovation Center. A leader in frozen seafood since 1849, Gorton’s offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up organization combined with the innovation history of a large category leader in consumer products.
This position exposes the individual to a variety of Quality Assurance areas of responsibility, including production record keeping, microbiology evaluation, sensory evaluation, basic food analysis methods, auditing skills, and regulatory interactions.
The intern will support the Quality Assurance function in all relevant areas, including:
- Managing daily product evaluations and maintaining records for our flagship production facility as well as all co-manufacturing facilities
- Providing administrative support to the QA and R&D team, including compliance for HACCP and regulatory documentation
- Supporting other key projects related to quality, food safety, and regulatory compliance
In addition, this intern position will provide opportunities to interact with R&D projects providing an opportunity to make significant contributions to new product activities. The intern responsibilities will be closely linked to Gorton’s current business strategies and the individual will have many opportunities to contribute to helping us achieve our annual goals.
- Creative, science oriented undergraduate students
- Majoring in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Engineering
- Must be willing to taste fish and shellfish prototypes, with the ability to discriminate on flavor differences
- Proficiency in MS Office software
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer