Gorton’s, America’s leading frozen seafood company, has a Finance & Accounting Internship available at our Gloucester, Massachusetts headquarters. This Internship offers the opportunity to gain experience and an understanding of the role of the Finance & Accounting activities within a consumer packaged goods company. Gorton’s offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller organization, along with the resources of a leader in the consumer products industry.
As a Gorton’s Intern, you will contribute within either the Customer Finance or Financial Accounting area. Customer Finance oversees the financial transactions between Gorton’s and our customers, which include large retail grocery chains across the United States and Canada. Financial Accounting is responsible for activities which include financial reporting, audit, cash management, treasury, cost accounting, inventory audit, accounts payable, and other accounting related activities. As an intern, you will work closely with other functional areas within our company including Marketing, Sales, Operations, Information Technology, and Logistics. You will also have the opportunity to develop an understanding of the various Finance activities within Gorton’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree Candidate majoring in Finance, Accounting, or closely related major. (Prefer students completing their Junior year)
- Ability to work 20 hours per week
- Career interest in Corporate Finance and/or Accounting
- A demonstrated ability to work independently
- Outstanding attention to accuracy and detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative, self-starter
- Solid PC Skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer