Gorton's Seafood has an excellent three to six month paid co-op/intern position in the Research and Development department located in our Gloucester, Massachusetts Innovation Center, just one hour outside of Boston. As the leader in frozen seafood since 1849, Gorton’s offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up Consumer Products Goods (CPG) organization combined with the innovation history of a large category leader in consumer products.
Here you will have the opportunity to own multiple projects and see it through start to finish. Not only will you advance your packaging development knowledge, you will gain valuable cross-functional team, corporate, and manufacturing experience that will help you grow as a student and packaging professional.
- Develop primary and secondary packaging for current and new products
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize pallet configurations
- Deliver technical guidance and packaging engineering support to all business functions
- Organize and lead packaging trials in production facilities
- Utilize tools like CAPE, ArtiosCAD and Kongsberg Cutting Table to develop samples for sizing and development of current or new products
- Work with multiple packaging formats
- Identify packaging cost saving opportunities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Project Management skills with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment while effectively communicating with marketing, purchasing, manufacturing, distribution, and suppliers
- The ability to bring new unsolicited ideas and solutions to the table, while being an autonomous self starter
- Experience with CAPE
- Completed at least two years of courses seeking a Packaging or Engineering degree
- Previously completed at least one co-op or internship
- Good academic standing with their college or university
- Physical ability to handle weight of approximately twenty-five pounds
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship or assistance from the company
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer