This position is responsible for budgeting, tracking, and reporting the plant’s financial performance and supporting the plant’s various departments in cost accounting and control.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for general accounting tasks, including journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare, approve, and track operational budget.
- Responsible for production analysis and reporting.
- Prepare monthly tracking and financial data for corporate office.
- Audit all accounting transactions such as: Orders, Ingredient contracts, PO Receipts, Inventory.
- Responsible for new item costings and supporting all departments with timely costing information.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable, including troubleshooting discrepancies in these areas.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting or other business-related degree.
- Two to three years of financial management experience, preferably in a food processing environment.
- An interpersonal style that is collaborative internally and externally and works effectively with all levels and interpersonal styles within an organization.
- Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and sense of urgency for all customer demands and requests.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer