Provide engineering technical support within the Maintenance Department to meet goals and objectives associated with SFC production.
- Provides support in execution of the maintenance department objectives such as the planned maintenance program, root cause analysis, continuous training, and safety programs.
- Leads special root cause analysis teams through problem identification and execution of corrective actions.
- Coordinates machine shop priorities, providing engineering drawing for fabrication of parts modifications related to process improvements and spare parts through reverse engineering as applicable.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers to investigate and implement engineered process improvements and equipment reliability. Ensures manuals, spare parts, and safety meet department standards.
- Leads department safety team working with the Corporate EHS Manager ensuring the maintenance department’s activities meets all plant and regulatory guidelines.
- Manages capital projects associated with existing plant and facilities operational improvements or equipment replacement.
- Works closely with Project Engineering team to support large capital project and new production line implementation into the production plant and coordinate the successful implementation of equipment to Maintenance Department ownership and responsibility.
- Assists in Maintenance Department management activities such as maintenance planning and scheduling, union contract negotiations, and weekend management coverage (approx. every 5 weeks).
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Relevant Co-Op or internship experience
- Well-developed PC skills
- Ability to leverage information to develop insightful business judgment
- Initiative - a self-starter
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Potential for advancement
- Ability to relocate for career development
Females and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer