Be part of something BIG here at Gorton’s. With the iconic yellow slicker and a catchy jingle, Gorton’s is now reaching more households than ever. As the #1 brand within Frozen Prepared Seafood, we have long been committed to a passion for the consumer and driving growth through innovation. We are looking for equally passionate people to help us fulfill our mission of spreading the goodness of the sea to everyone!
Contribute to the Human Resource activity by providing a variety of support services at our flagship manufacturing facility in Gloucester, MA.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for coordinating wage position postings, maintaining contact, and communicating with candidates, coordinating interview schedules, distribution of candidate materials, and coordinating travel logistics.
- Coordinate new employee onboarding process, including pre-employment criminal background checks and drug screens, collection of transcripts, new employee IT set-up, scheduling orientation and overview sessions, and ensuring all other new employee checklist items are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate separation process including processing IT paperwork, exit interview scheduling, termination paperwork and ensuring all other separation checklist items are completed.
- Administration of short- and long-term disability claims, workers’ compensation, and safety claims.
- Assist with weekly payroll administration.
- Responsible for tracking Union Dues/Pension and healthcare administration.
- Track attendance & vacation for all employees.
- Assist with employee engagement programs, employee issues, and daily interaction.
- Assist HR in a variety of activities including Gorton’s Way Awards, annual Business Ethics confirmation, HRIS initiatives, benefits administration, wellness initiatives, and recognition and service awards.
What you’ll need:
- Relevant administrative support skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree education, prefer an HR concentration.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Utmost sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay focused, work with minimal direction, and successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer