Primary role: Contribute to the Gorton’s and the Human Resource activity by providing a variety of support services to the Main Office Human Resources team.
- Provide support to the HR staff including: presentation preparation, correspondence, scheduling, meeting administration, file maintenance and a variety of other support activities as needed.
- Coordinate salaried recruitment interview activities including: coordinating position postings, maintaining contact and communicating with candidates & targeted colleges, coordinating interview schedules, distribution of candidate materials, coordinating travel logistics and expense management.
- Coordinate new employee onboarding process including pre-employment criminal background checks & drug screens, collection of transcripts, new employee IT set-up, scheduling orientation and overviews sessions, and ensuring all other new employee checklist items are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate separation process including processing IT paperwork, exit interview scheduling, termination paperwork and ensuring all other separation checklist items are completed in a timely manner
- Act as the Fleet Administrator for Gorton’s company vehicle program. This involves overseeing monthly billing, being the Gorton’s point of contact with the fleet leasing company, responding to driver questions and vehicle issues, coordinate fuel and mileage reporting processes, overseeing imputed income calculations, coordinating annual vehicle replacement process and overall coordination of the program.
- Administration of training activities including scheduling of facilitators and venues, publicity and participant registration, coordination of all materials and resources, coordination of day of training details, tracking participants training reporting, management of computer software training through New Horizons, and support and administration other training activities as needed.
- Coordination of a variety of employee events to include Gathering Space events, annual business meeting, company-wide contests and competitions, holiday receptions, business updates etc.
- Support for Gorton’s community affairs activities including employee volunteer activities, maintaining files and involvement in other company activities related to support of non-profit organizations.
- Coordination of employee communication mechanisms including: “News You Can Use”, business updates, company-wide meetings, HR announcements and job postings, involvement with employee magazine “Flagship” and support for other internal and external communications.
- Assist in a variety of activities including: Gorton’s Way Awards, annual Business Ethics confirmation, company archival materials, HRIS initiatives, benefits administration, wellness initiatives, meeting planning, recognition awards, SFC hourly employee orientations, back up to SFC payroll and other departmental positions.
- Relevant administrative support skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree education, prefer an HR concentration
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Utmost sensitivity to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Constantly portrays professional approach
- Well-developed skills in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
- Ability to stay focused & work with minimal direction
- Willingness to assist & contribute however necessary
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer