The Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for all food safety, quality, and regulatory programs in support of a 24-hour dry mix operation. This includes direct management of quality personnel working within the facility and oversight of the site’s sanitation programs. The position is responsible for the coordination of all pertinent product and facility certifications and is the Food Safety Team Leader and liaison with the Corporate FSQA team to ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures. Reports to the Director of Specialty Products.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that all plant food safety and quality programs meet requirements specified by internal, city, county, state, and federal food manufacturing standards, as well as any export country requirements.
- Ensure that all components and finished products meet all food safety, quality, and regulatory requirements specified by internal, city, county, state, and federal requirements.
- Provide oversight to the finished product positive release programs.
- Coordinate the design, implementation, and daily execution of food safety and quality programs including HARPC, product protection monitoring programs, supplier monitoring, inspection programs for components and finished goods, as well as including certification standards and customer expectations.
- Act as the facility’s Food Safety Team Leader, and lead programs and initiatives to improve Food Safety & Quality culture. Assist with training personnel and driving/leading continuous improvement initiatives and annual department goals.
- Manage plant sanitation and allergen verification programs, environmental monitoring, and pest control programs.
- Responsible for facility’s food safety and quality audit programs by maintaining targeted 3rd party certifications such as GFSI, Kosher, Halal, FDA and/or ODA.
- Provide support and oversight of traceability programs, including mock/trace exercises.
- Respond to customer inquiries for regulatory information and customer complaints.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions to resolve non-conforming situations.
- Provide technical support for food safety, food defense, quality, and regulatory issues.
What you’ll need:
- Three to Five years of experience in a quality management role, preferably in a dry foods processing plant.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or Chemistry.
- Well-developed people skills.
- Willing to make decisions in the face of adversity.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
- PCQI and Food Defense Coordinator certifications.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer