The Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) Sanitation Lead supports the FSQA team in maintaining key food safety, quality, and regulatory programs in support of a 24-hour dry mix operation. This position will lead all Sanitation programs for the facility and will work four, ten-hour days, Tuesday through Friday, 8pm – 6:30am. The Sanitation Lead will manage all sanitation operations as well as provide back-up support to FSQA lab operations to ensure compliance to finished product positive release programs. The position reports to the FSQA Supervisor and is located at our Specialty Products division in Brook Park, OH.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and verify facility Sanitation and 5S programs are meeting internal and external expectations. Support plant sanitation by performing inspections and managing swab and sample programs to ensure sanitation and environmental monitoring programs are effective.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety Pre-requisite Programs, including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), through routine auditing.
- Perform daily review of food safety, quality, and regulatory documentation to support positive release finished product programs.
- Perform verification of products and items on hold and assist in tracking and reporting.
- Assist FSQA team with root cause analysis and corrective and preventive action reports.
- Train FSQA team, sanitation operators, and other plant personnel as needed.
- Provide backup QA laboratory coverage during planned vacations and emergency absences.
- Support ongoing review and maintenance of current programs, policies, & procedures.
- Provide insights and recommendations on continuous improvement initiatives and assist in leading the implementation of such initiatives.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, Agricultural Science, or related discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP/HARPC, Pre-requisite Programs, and FDA regulations.
- Ability to build professional relationships while facilitating a collaborative environment.
- Proficient reading, writing, and communication skills with well-developed Microsoft Office expertise.
- Ability to leverage information to develop insightful business judgment to ensure food safety and compliance.
- 2+ years of experience in a food production environment
- PCQI certification.
- Strong knowledge of food manufacturing sanitation programs.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- This role is in a food manufacturing facility. Work will be conducted in production areas with machinery, in a laboratory with testing instruments, and in an office environment. The role will involve sitting, walking, and standing, with occasional climbing, stooping, and balancing.
- Candidate must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 55 lbs. for short distances.
- This facility has products that contain wheat and milk allergens.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer