Gorton’s, America’s leader in frozen seafood since 1849, is seeking candidates for an intern/co-op position available at our headquarters in Gloucester, Massachusetts. In this assignment, you will have an opportunity to apply your academic curriculum to gain practical engineering experience and to make a significant contribution.
As an Engineering intern/co-op you will be given responsibilities that are closely linked to Gorton’s business priorities. You will apply engineering concepts and skills to support Gorton’s Engineering department by working on capital projects, using CAD to create plant layouts and design equipment, and completing tests on the production lines.
- Desire for a career in Engineering within a manufacturing environment
- BS student majoring in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- Completion of at least sophomore year
- CAD experience, preferably AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Interest in manufacturing
- Well-developed PC skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer