Electrical Controls Designer
Since 1849, America has trusted the Gorton’s fisherman. And for over 170 years, Gorton’s has trusted our employees to work with integrity, pursue their curiosity, respond with agility, work collaboratively, and be passionate about our mission. We have an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Controls Designer interested in joining our growing Engineering team. Gorton’s offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller organization, combined with the leadership of a category leader in consumer products. We invite you to join our company based in the local waters of Gloucester, Massachusetts.
This newly created developmental position is for an engineer, electrician, or other similar technical background to support and provide back-up for the electrical design and controls function to support Gorton’s businesses. This position is designed for a candidate that has prior experience with electrical controls systems, or an electrical or engineering background with a desire to learn these types of systems. Systems typically supported by this role include process and packaging automation, robotic systems, and in-house designed equipment.
This position is part of Gorton’s Engineering department and reports to Gorton’s Electrical Engineering Manager.
- Develop, create, update, and maintain electrical schematics and drawings
- Design electrical control panels
- Become knowledgeable in the various software and platforms used at Gorton’s manufacturing locations
- Develop skills sufficient to act as back-up to Electrical Engineering Manager
- Ability to provide to projects and support for plant electricians
- Licensed Electrician, Engineering Degree, or Technical School graduate with electrical and control system experience, or a desire to learn these types of systems.
- Proven computer skills.
- Prior PLC, HMI & VFD programming or troubleshooting experience a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical standards.
- Basic knowledge of power distribution systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to vendor sites and other Gorton’s facilities.
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer