Gorton’s is currently seeking candidates for a Customer Marketing Analyst position. This role will provide customer marketing analysis support in our sales area on a designated retail customer team. This assignment provides a comprehensive understanding of trade marketing analysis and planning, along with the opportunity to make significant contributions to this important area of our business. The experience would be most suitable for individuals interested in career paths in Sales, Marketing, or Finance. This position is based at Gorton’s Main Office in Gloucester, MA.
As a Customer Marketing Analyst, you will assist in the analysis, planning, development, and execution of persuasive selling stories to capitalize on category and brand growth opportunities. Participate in the customer marketing and sales program development, while learning the fundamentals of both programs. Provide focused analysis of sales, marketing, and customer data to identify trends, consumer insights, and strategic growth opportunities. Perform detailed analysis of sales trends, implement business intelligence reporting to monitor Gorton’s performance, and use and understand internal and external data sources and systems across the organization. You will be involved in developing and participating in various customer presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- At least 2 to 5 years category management, CPG, or relevant analysis experience in sales or marketing (prefer experience in a customer interaction role).
- Experience working with syndicated data (ie: Nielsen, IRI)
- An inquisitive, self-motivated personal style
- A strong aptitude for computer-based analysis utilizing Excel, Access, or related software
- Ability to craft a story using data and insights
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational/project management skills
- Appreciation of and interest in being out interacting with customers (travel 15-20% of the time)
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer