Gorton’s is currently seeking candidates for a Customer Marketing Analyst position. This role will provide trade marketing analysis support in our sales area on a designated customer team. This assignment provides a comprehensive understanding of trade marketing analysis and planning, along with the opportunity to make significant contributions to this important area of our business. The experience would be most suitable for individuals interested in career paths in Sales, Marketing or Finance. This position is based at Gorton’s Main Office in Gloucester, MA.
As a Customer Marketing Analyst, you will assist in the analysis, planning, development and execution of customer marketing and sales programs, while learning the fundamentals of customer marketing and sales management. You will perform detailed analysis of sales trends, return on trade marketing funds spent, volume forecasts, competitive spending and activities, and you will be expected to help identify market opportunities as well as trade effectiveness and efficiency opportunities. You will be involved in developing and participating in various customer presentations.
This opportunity requires an individual with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- At least 1-3 years relevant analysis experience as an analyst, in sales, marketing or finance (prefer experience in a customer interaction role).
- Prefer experience working with syndicated data (ie: Nielsen, IRI)
- An inquisitive, self-motivated personal style
- A strong aptitude for computer based analysis utilizing Excel, Access, or related software
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational / project management skills
- Appreciation of and interest in being out interacting with customers (travel 15-20% of the time)
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer