Gorton’s, America’s leading frozen seafood company, has an excellent opportunity available at our Gloucester, Massachusetts headquarters for an individual who is seeking long term career growth in Finance and Accounting. Gorton’s offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller organization, along with the resources of a global leader in consumer products.
In this role, you will contribute within the Accounting area, including tasks in accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, audits, and travel reconciliations. This role will be responsible for daily transactions with the possibility of also taking on bigger projects.
- Receives and processes invoices for payment.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and facilitates purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Calculates and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer