Evaluate raw material, ingredients, packaging materials, processing operations and finished goods to ensure compliance with Gorton's/Specialty food safety, quality and legality issues.
- Conduct detailed examination of all incoming raw materials, ingredients and packaging, compare results against established standards and take appropriate corrective action.
- Conduct detailed examination of processing operation to determine compliance with established standards. When defective product or poor practice is observed, co-ordinate corrective action with production management.
- Conduct detailed examination of finished product including cooking or product to determine wholesomeness, product identity and character. When defective product is found, co-ordinate corrective action with production management.
- Ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices and enforce product safety program by inspection of processing area, employee hygiene and practices, microbiological sampling and assisting in detailed audits.
- Maintain complete records of all inspection programs and examinations.
- Where needed act as Gorton's/Specialty representative at contract packaging operations. Interface with regulatory personnel in prevention of defective product.
- Minimum High School diploma
- Experience working in a lab environment
- Working experience with lab scales
- Familiar with general calibration of lab equipment
- One to two years of experience in a Quality inspection role preferably in a dry foods operation
- Self starter
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer