Lead production, sanitation, and maintenance employees in our lean production environment. Maximize quality, safety, reliability, and productivity. Meet or exceed operational requirements provided by production manager. This position ensures the compliance of food safety requirements on assigned shift and lines for all processing and packaging operations.
- Cultivate employee trust, entrepreneurial spirit and goal orientation. Motivate, support and coach employees to become self-directed.
- Manage staffing levels for maximum performance.
- Create and lead teams of employees to minimize equipment failure, reduce set up time, and improve throughputs and yield.
- Improve processes to prevent the creation of defects and reduced yields. Find the root cause of problems. Promote the concepts of lean thinking, informed decision making and reliability to employees.
- Initiate improvement projects; ensure their completion and the realization of projected gains. Present results to production management.
- Evaluate employee performance, provide feedback, and recognize team and individual successes. Provide progressive discipline as required.
- Ensure proper administration of the collective bargaining agreement. Resolve labor grievances and concerns in a professional manner.
- Ensure each employee receives and understands required training and identify additional training as the need arises.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Well developed leadership skills
- Strong personal computer skills
- The ability to deal effectively with all levels in a diverse environment.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer