The Gorton’s Sales department currently has an opening for a Sales Planning Assistant. This developmental position provides an opportunity to gain expertise in Sales & Marketing administration and requires highly developed administrative skills.
Sales Planning Assistant Position Description: Provide coordination, tracking, analysis and administration support to members of the Gorton’s Sales & Marketing activities as assigned as well as provide support of a variety of departmental activities/initiatives.
- Actively support sales initiatives with numerous data tracking and project support activities including: maintenance of coupon inventories, sales agent profiles and contract files, competitive and customer information; support of roll out meetings including scheduling, brochure and samples distribution and presentation preparation; tracking of weekly projections, display contest information, new item authorizations, distribution/price surveys and coordination of customized POS requests and others as identified.
- Provide administrative support as needed to Director of Retail Sales, Associate Manager of Sales Planning & Administration and all field based Sales Managers as needed. Duties include, but are not limited to, coordinating schedules, maintaining accurate sales agent and sales personnel listings.
- Utilize strong organizational skills, computer software expertise and personal productivity skills to contribute to the ongoing improvement of departmental efficiency, accuracy, professionalism and responsiveness to field sales, sales agents and customer needs.
- Develop a working knowledge of Gorton’s internal tools such as Wipro Promax, B.I., Nielsen and IRI data. Willingness to broaden proficiency of such tools as technology evolves.
- Provide backup and support for others within the department and across Gorton’s in pursuit of Sales initiatives and contribute to additional areas as identified.
- Ensure sales policies and procedures are reviewed and updated yearly or as needed. Partner with Coordinator of Sales Planning & Administration in this function.
- Interest in a career in Sales, Sales Analysis or related field.
- Bachelors level college education in Business Administration with a major in Marketing, Finance, Statistics or related area (Spring 2019 graduate)
- Strong office administration skills including organizational, tracking and follow-up skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively support multiple individuals and manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Highly developed MS Office computer skills including particular expertise in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and implement opportunities for improvement within assigned responsibilities.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interpersonal style that enables an effective rapport with multiple people internal and external to Gorton’s.
- An ability to ensure confidentiality of all information affecting sales personnel and programs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer