Gorton’s Seafood has an excellent six month paid internship opportunity in our Gloucester, Massachusetts Innovation Center. A leader in frozen seafood since 1849, Gorton’s offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up organization combined with the innovation history of a large category leader in consumer products.
This internship exposes the individual to a variety of Quality Assurance areas of responsibility, including production record keeping, microbiology evaluation, sensory evaluation, basic food analysis methods, auditing skills, and regulatory interactions.
The position will support the Quality Assurance function in all relevant areas, including:
- Maintaining records for our flagship production facility as well as all co-packers
- Updating formats and language for HACCP plans to provide consistency across all production facilities
- Creating a packaging specifications library on our portal
- Provide administrative support to the QA and R&D team as needed
- Several key projects
In addition, this position will provide opportunities to interact with R&D projects providing an opportunity to make significant contributions to new product activities. The intern responsibilities will be closely linked to Gorton’s current business strategies and the individual will have many opportunities to contribute to helping us achieve our annual goals.
- Creative, science oriented undergraduate students
- Majoring in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Engineering
- Must be willing to taste fish and shellfish prototypes, with the ability to discriminate on flavor differences
- Proficiency in MS Office software
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer