The Gorton’s Sales activity is seeking candidates for a Customer Trade Marketing Analyst role at our Gloucester, MA headquarters. This position provides an outstanding growth opportunity for candidates interested in careers in Sales, Category management and/or Customer Analytics.
Position Summary: Actively contribute to Gorton’s Trade & Shopper Marketing management and analysis by providing value-added insights and executable recommendations to grow sales & profits. This person will also work in conjunction with other analysts on projects and assists with training as needed.
- Provide Trade Marketing Expertise: Provide thorough analysis and actionable recommendations for optimizing price & promotion strategies for Gorton’s & the category. Develop accurate forecasting model for new and existing products. Play an active role in trade planning strategy meetings.
- Produce high level reporting and data analytics: Provide ongoing and ad hoc analytical support by utilizing multiple data sources including retailer data, syndicated data, panel data, consumer research and other data sources to pro-actively identify customer issues/opportunities. Develop & maintain customer scorecards & reports.
- Grow and Optimize Assortment: Provide insights to support new item sell in & evaluate impact of decisions on Gorton’s & the overall category.
- Maximize Shopper Marketing Spend: Evaluate ROI on Shopper Marketing programs and provide recommendations to Consumer Marketing on optimal strategy for new & existing products.
- Enhance Customer Partnership: Through analysis, pro-actively identify customer issues/opportunities that lead to growing distribution, sales & profits for both Gorton’s and our Customers. Develop impactful presentations that utilize customer specific data as well as market research and be able to deliver these insights.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in analytical role within a consumer packaged goods firm (sales, trade marketing, shopper insights, etc.)
- Proficiency with syndicated data such as Nielsen/IRI and, or 84.51/Market 6, Retail Link
- Demonstrated ability to glean actionable insights from data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting to customers
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree education
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time
- Resides in greater Boston, MA area, or willing to relocate
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer