Basic Function: To achieve sales, trade and distribution objectives. To assume total responsibility for all Gorton’s retail business within assigned area. Directly call on customers. Manage, motivate, and train Gorton’s sales managers and sales agents.
- Sales Objectives – Develop, present and execute sales and trade programs that grow volume and profit. Design trade spending programs that drive efficiency within assigned budgets.
- Management – ability to manage both Gorton’s sales managers and sales agents to achieve superior results vs key objectives.
- Direct Sales - To be responsible for all customer management, headquarter calls and negotiations to ensure business objectives are consistently achieved. Penetration of upper management at designated key customers.
- Sales Agent (Management) Development - To train and evaluate performance of all pertinent sales agent personnel including executive management and to evaluate Gorton’s representation with the sales agent organization.
- Retail Merchandising - To work with the retail sales force to maximize sales of Gorton’s products to the consumer by implementing Gorton’s retail merchandising standards.
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
- Between 10 to 20 years of successful grocery products sales experience
- At least 4 years of experience in effective trade spending management
- Record of successful sales and profit achievement, including progression within a previous employer
- Experience includes successful management of subordinates, customers and/or sales agents to implement strategies to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated ability to recognize business building opportunities, develop creative approaches and design programs to capture these opportunities, driven by an intellectual curiosity and willingness to drive change
- Strong negotiation skills
- Aggressive attitude/high energy level & demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with a high degree of motivation to excel and win
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with consumer products analytics and tools (such as Nielsen, IRI, retailer specific data tools, category management, consumer insights, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree education
- Resides in Boston’s North Shore area (or willing to relocate to work out of our Gloucester, MA office)
- Willingness to travel 40% of time
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer